Thank you for using Curate With Me! We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have.
What information do we collect?
We collect information in a few different ways:
When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
When you sign up for or use our Products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, comments, likes, email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you’re using Curate With Me on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook, Google+ or Twitter account to Curate With Me, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts. The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
We also get technical information when you use our products
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data. When you use Curate With Me, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited from Curate With Me, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Curate With Me, and cookie data.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Curate With Me on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
Curate With Me make every effort to secure any private information submitted to us by our users. We also maintain internal security practices designed to keep your data secure and private. As part of this, we limit employee access to user data. However, no data transmission over the internet is completely secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of this data. You use the service at your own risk, and are responsible for taking reasonable measures to secure your account (such as carefully maintaining the secrecy of your password).
Information You Choose to Display Publicly
Some users may elect to publicly post personally identifying or sensitive information about themselves in their normal use of the service. This could occur through use of the profile fields, in comments, or elsewhere. Information like that, which is voluntarily posted in publicly visible parts of the network, is considered to be public, even if it would otherwise be considered to be personally identifying or sensitive. As such, it is not subject to the protocols listed here, because we don’t control it; you do. Additionally, voluntarily publicizing such information means that you lose any privacy rights you might normally have with regards to that information. It also increases your chances of receiving unwanted communications, like spam.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect Curate With Me and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
- Suggesting lists you might like.
- Showing you ads you might be interested in.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates (such as when new items were added to your lists or items you added to lists received upvotes), comments, newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Respond to your questions or comments. The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever Curate With Me does business, including countries outside your own.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information.
- Link or unlink your Curate With Me account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook or Twitter).
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How and when do we share information?
Curate With Me is a platform to share and discover product and services. When you create public lists and items within lists, anyone can view them. You may also provide us with profile page information that anyone can view. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook, Google+ or Twitter) when you’ve chosen to link your Curate With Me account to those services or publish your activity on Curate With Me to them. For example, you can choose to publish your lists to Facebook or Twitter.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Curate With Me; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
- We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners, advertisers, or others.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Curate With Me after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent as required by law.
Effective as of April 1, 2018.